1. in dentistry, a dental appliance consisting of an artificial crown for a broken or decayed tooth
Example : I got a new jacket last week and my tooth feels so much better.
2. a short coat
Example : You will need to wear a jacket, because it is below freezing outside.
3. an outer wrapping or casing
Example : Phonograph records were sold in cardboard jackets.
4. the tough metal shell casing for certain kinds of ammunition
Example : This ammunition has a full metal jacket.
5. the outer skin of a potato
Example : Wash the jackets before you boil the potatoes.
6. to put a jacket on
Example : I jacketed the kids before we went skiing.
7. to provide with a thermally non-conducting cover
Example : The tubing needs to be jacketed.
Translation for "jacket"
jacket meaning in Spanish : chaqueta jacket meaning in German : Jacke jacket meaning in Japanese : ジャケット jacket meaning in Turkish : ceket jacket meaning in Chinese : 夹克 jacket meaning in Arabic : السترة jacket meaning in Polish : kurtka jacket meaning in Hindi : जैकेट jacket meaning in French : veste jacket meaning in Russian : пиджак jacket meaning in Tamil : ஜாக்கெட் jacket meaning in Telugu : జాకెట్