2. a sudden involuntary movement 3. rise in rank or status
Example : My new novel jumped high on the bestseller list.
4. move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm 5. jump from an airplane and descend with a parachute 7. descent with a parachute 9. a sudden and decisive increase
Example : a jump in attendance
11. pass abruptly from one state or topic to another 13. start (a car engine whose battery is dead) by connecting it to another car's battery 14. move forward by leaps and bounds 15. cause to jump or leap
Example : the trainer jumped the tiger through the hoop
16. run off or leave the rails 17. jump down from an elevated point
Example : the parachutist didn't want to jump
18. (film) an abrupt transition from one scene to another 19. increase suddenly and significantly
Example : Prices jumped overnight
20. enter eagerly into
Example : We jumped into the game.
21. make a sudden physical attack on
Example : The muggers jumped the couple coming out of the gallery.
Translation for "jump"
jump meaning in Spanish : saltar jump meaning in German : springen jump meaning in Japanese : ジャンプ jump meaning in Turkish : atlama jump meaning in Chinese : 跳 jump meaning in Arabic : قفز jump meaning in Polish : skok jump meaning in Hindi : छलांग jump meaning in French : saut jump meaning in Russian : Прыгать jump meaning in Tamil : குதிக்க jump meaning in Telugu : ఎగిరి దుముకు