1. continue a certain state, condition, or activity 2. allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature 3. stick to correctly or closely 4. supply with necessities and support 5. keep under control
Example : keep in check
6. behave as expected during of holidays or rites 7. a cell in a jail or prison 8. the main tower within the walls of a medieval castle or fortress 9. the financial means whereby one lives
Example : each child was expected to pay for their keep
10. prevent (food) from rotting 11. maintain by writing regular records
Example : keep a diary
12. retain possession of
Example : Can I keep my old stuffed animals?
13. maintain for use and service
Example : I keep a car in the countryside
14. retain rights to
Example : keep my job for me while I give birth
15. stop (someone or something) from doing something or being in a certain state 16. conform one's action or practice to
Example : keep appointments
17. to raise or look after
Example : I kept a few chickens in the yard.
18. keep in a certain state, position, or activity
Example : e.g., keep clean
19. maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger
Example : May God keep you
20. fail to spoil or rot
Example : These potatoes keep for a long time
21. hold and prevent from leaving 22. look after
Example : be the keeper of
23. have as a supply
Example : I always keep batteries in the freezer
24. store or keep customarily
Example : Where do you keep your gardening tools?
25. to supply with room and board
Example : They are keeping three travelers in the guest cottage.
Translation for "keep"
keep meaning in Spanish : mantener keep meaning in German : behalten keep meaning in Japanese : キープ keep meaning in Turkish : Tut keep meaning in Chinese : 保持 keep meaning in Arabic : احتفظ keep meaning in Polish : trzymać keep meaning in Hindi : रखना keep meaning in French : garder keep meaning in Russian : держать keep meaning in Tamil : வை keep meaning in Telugu : ఉంచేందుకు