2. thwart the passage of
Example : kill a motion
3. the act of terminating a life 4. end or extinguish by forceful means 5. mark for deletion, rub off, or erase
Example : kill these lines in the President's speech
6. the destruction of an enemy plane or ship or tank or missile
Example : the pilot reported two kills during the mission
7. destroy a vitally essential quality of or in
Example : Eating artichokes kills the taste of all other foods
8. cause to cease operating
Example : kill the engine
9. tire out completely
Example : The daily stress of my work is killing me.
11. cause the death of, without intention
Example : They were killed in the collision of three cars.
12. deprive of life
Example : AIDS has killed thousands in Africa
13. hit with great force
Example : I killed the ball.
14. hit with so much force as to make a return impossible, in racket games
Example : They killed the ball.
15. overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration
Example : The host's jokes were killing me!
16. be the source of great pain for
Example : These new shoes are killing me!
17. be fatal
Example : cigarettes kill
Translation for "kill"
kill meaning in Spanish : matar kill meaning in German : töten kill meaning in Japanese : 殺します kill meaning in Turkish : öldürmek kill meaning in Chinese : 杀 kill meaning in Arabic : قتل kill meaning in Polish : zabić kill meaning in Hindi : हत्या kill meaning in French : tuer kill meaning in Russian : убийство kill meaning in Tamil : கொல்ல kill meaning in Telugu : చంపడానికి