1. accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
Example : The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne
2. be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information
Example : possess knowledge or information about
3. have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
Example : I know the feeling!
4. have sexual intercourse with 5. the fact of being aware of information that is known to few people
Example : They are always in the know.
6. be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object
Example : They do not know this composer despite having studied the period.
7. be aware of the truth of something 8. to understand how to do or perform something
Example : I want to know how to knit.
9. have fixed in the mind
Example : I know Latin
10. perceive as familiar
Example : I know this voice!
11. be able to distinguish, recognize as being different
Example : The child knows right from wrong
12. know the nature or character of
Translation for "know"
know meaning in Spanish : saber know meaning in German : kennt know meaning in Japanese : 知っている know meaning in Turkish : bilmek know meaning in Chinese : 知道 know meaning in Arabic : أعرف know meaning in Polish : wiedzieć know meaning in Hindi : जानना know meaning in French : savoir know meaning in Russian : знать know meaning in Tamil : தெரியும் know meaning in Telugu : తెలుసు