1. move with or cause to move with a whistling or hissing sound 2. movement once around a course
Example : We drove an extra lap just for insurance.
4. touching with the tongue
Example : the dog's laps were warm and wet
5. a flap that lies over another part
Example : the lap of the shingles should be at least ten inches
6. the part of a piece of clothing that covers the thighs
Example : My lap was covered with food stains.
7. take up with the tongue
Example : The cat lapped up the milk
9. the upper side of the thighs of a seated person
Example : Since I didn't have a table, I ate with the plate on my lap.
10. an area of control or responsibility
Example : the job fell right in my lap
11. lie partly over or alongside of something or of one another
Translation for "lap"
lap meaning in Spanish : regazo lap meaning in German : Runde lap meaning in Japanese : ラップ lap meaning in Turkish : kucak lap meaning in Chinese : 膝部 lap meaning in Arabic : حضن lap meaning in Polish : podołek lap meaning in Hindi : गोद lap meaning in French : tour lap meaning in Russian : круг lap meaning in Tamil : மடியில் lap meaning in Telugu : ల్యాప్