1. continue to live through hardship or adversity 2. occurring at or forming an end or termination 3. lowest in rank or importance
Example : last prize
4. conclusive in a process or progression 5. holding device shaped like a human foot that is used to fashion or repair shoes 6. the item at the end
Example : last, I'll discuss family values
7. not to be altered or undone 8. highest in extent or degree
Example : to the last measure of human endurance
9. the concluding parts of an event or occurrence 10. the time at which life ends 12. persist for a specified period of time
Example : The bad weather lasted for three days
Example : I saw them last in London.
14. occurring at the time of death
Example : Their last words were unheard.
15. coming after all others in time or space or degree or being the only one remaining
Example : the last time I saw Paris
16. most unlikely or unsuitable
Example : the last person we would have suspected
18. a unit of capacity for grain equal to 80 bushels 19. a unit of weight equal to 4,000 pounds 20. the last or lowest in an ordering or series
Example : They were the last to leave.
Translation for "last"
last meaning in Spanish : último last meaning in German : zuletzt last meaning in Japanese : 最終 last meaning in Turkish : son last meaning in Chinese : 持续 last meaning in Arabic : الاخير last meaning in Polish : ostatni, ubiegły, zeszły last meaning in Hindi : अंतिम last meaning in French : dernier last meaning in Russian : прошлой last meaning in Tamil : கடந்த last meaning in Telugu : గత