"letter" Meaning in English
1. the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech
Example : Their grandmother taught them their letters.
2. a written message addressed to a person or organization
Example : mailed an indignant letter to the editor
3. an award earned by participation in a school sport
Example : I won letters in three sports.
4. a strictly literal interpretation, as distinct from the intention
Example : I followed instructions to the letter.
5. owner who lets another person use something (housing usually) for hire 6. mark letters on or mark with letters 7. set down or print with letters 8. win an athletic letter
Translation for "letter"
letter meaning in Spanish : carta letter meaning in German : Brief letter meaning in Japanese : 文字 letter meaning in Turkish : mektup letter meaning in Chinese : 信件 letter meaning in Arabic : رسالة letter meaning in Polish : list letter meaning in Hindi : पत्र letter meaning in French : lettre letter meaning in Russian : письмо letter meaning in Tamil : கடிதம் letter meaning in Telugu : లేఖ
Examples containing "letter"There are no examples. You can write here and submit.
You can write here and submit more examples.