1. a structure consisting of a room or set of rooms at a single position along a vertical scale
Example : What level is the office on?
2. a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process
Example : I finally made it to level 4 in Double Dragon!
3. a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality
Example : That was a level four earthquake.
4. a relative position or degree of value in a graded group
Example : They are level 100 green wizards.
5. of the score in a contest 6. having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another 7. not showing abrupt variations
Example : spoke in a level voice
8. a flat surface at right angles to a plumb line
Example : Park the car on the level.
9. indicator that establishes the horizontal when a bubble is centered in a tube of liquid
Example : Bring me a level. This board looks slightly askew.
10. an abstract place usually conceived as having depth
Example : A good actor communicates on several levels.
11. become level or even
Example : The ground levelled off.
12. direct into a position for use 13. make level or straight
Example : level the ground
14. tear down so as to make flat with the ground
Example : The building was levelled
15. oriented at right angles to the plumb
Example : the picture is level
16. being on a precise horizontal plane
Example : a billiard table must be level
17. height above ground
Example : The water reached ankle level.
18. talk frankly with
Example : Let me level with you son. You are not getting a car for your birthday.
19. aim at
Example : level criticism or charges at somebody
Translation for "level"
level meaning in Spanish : nivel level meaning in German : Niveau level meaning in Japanese : レベル level meaning in Turkish : seviye level meaning in Chinese : 水平 level meaning in Arabic : مستوى level meaning in Polish : poziom level meaning in Hindi : स्तर level meaning in French : niveau level meaning in Russian : уровень level meaning in Tamil : நிலை level meaning in Telugu : స్థాయి