1. animation and energy in action or expression
Example : it was a heavy play and the actors tried in vain to give life to it
2. an account of the series of events making up a person's life 3. the condition of living or the state of being alive
Example : while there's life there's hope
4. the period during which something is functional
Example : The battery had a short life, rendering it useless for long journeys.
5. the experience of being alive 6. a prison term lasting as long as the prisoner lives
Example : I got life for killing the guard.
7. living things collectively
Example : the oceans are teeming with life
8. a motive for living
Example : Pottery is my life.
9. a living person
Example : My heroism saved a life.
10. the organic phenomenon that distinguishes living organisms from nonliving ones
Example : there is no life on the moon
11. the course of existence of an individual 12. a characteristic state or mode of living
Example : social life
13. the period between birth and the present time
Example : I have known them all their life.
14. the period from the present until death
Example : I appointed myself emperor for life.
Translation for "life"
life meaning in Spanish : vida life meaning in German : Leben life meaning in Japanese : 生活 life meaning in Turkish : hayat life meaning in Chinese : 生活 life meaning in Arabic : حياة life meaning in Polish : życie life meaning in Hindi : जिंदगी life meaning in French : la vie life meaning in Russian : жизнь life meaning in Tamil : வாழ்க்கை life meaning in Telugu : జీవితం