1. plastic surgery to remove wrinkles and other signs of aging from your face 2. move upward
Example : The fog lifted
3. put an end to
Example : lift a ban
4. raise from a lower to a higher position 6. a powered conveyance that carries skiers up a hill 7. the event of something being raised upward 8. raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help 9. take without referencing from someone else's writing or speech 11. the act of raising something
Example : I responded with a lift of my eyebrow.
12. transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are unavailable) 13. lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building 14. a wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground 15. the component of the aerodynamic forces acting on an airfoil that opposes gravity 16. perform cosmetic surgery on someone's face 17. raise in rank or condition
Example : The new law lifted many people from poverty
18. invigorate or heighten
Example : lift my spirits
20. fly people or goods to or from places not accessible by other means
Example : Food is airlifted into Bosnia
21. move upwards
Example : lift one's eyes
22. make off with belongings of others 23. a ride in a car
Example : They gave me a lift home.
24. the act of giving temporary assistance 25. one of the layers forming the heel of a shoe or boot 26. a device worn in a shoe or boot to make the wearer look taller or to correct a shortened leg 27. remove from a surface
Example : the detective carefully lifted some fingerprints from the table
28. take off or away by decreasing
Example : lift the pressure
29. remove from a seedbed or from a nursery
Example : lift the tulip bulbs
30. remove (hair) by scalping 31. rise upward, as from pressure or moisture
Example : The floor is lifting slowly
32. call to stop the hunt or to retire, as of hunting dogs 33. make audible
Example : I lifted a war whoop.
34. take root crops out of the ground
Example : It's nearly time to lift the potatoes.
35. take hold of something and move it to a different location
Example : lift the box onto the table
Translation for "lift"
lift meaning in Spanish : levantar lift meaning in German : Aufzug lift meaning in Japanese : リフト lift meaning in Turkish : asansör lift meaning in Chinese : 电梯 lift meaning in Arabic : مصعد lift meaning in Polish : winda lift meaning in Hindi : लिफ़्ट lift meaning in French : ascenseur lift meaning in Russian : лифт lift meaning in Tamil : லிப்ட் lift meaning in Telugu : లిఫ్ట్