1. a particular kind of product or merchandise
Example : a nice line of shoes
2. the maximum credit that a customer is allowed 3. a slight depression in the smoothness of a surface
Example : The vase has many lines.
4. a course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating a truth or falsehood 5. a conceptual separation or distinction
Example : there is a narrow line between sanity and insanity
6. a conductor for transmitting electrical or optical signals or electric power 7. the road consisting of railroad track and roadbed 8. mechanical system in a factory whereby an article is conveyed through sites at which successive operations are performed on it 9. (often plural) a means of communication or access 10. the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money
Example : he's not in my line of business
11. a pipe used to transport liquids or gases
Example : a pipeline runs from the wells to the seaport
12. a telephone connection 13. a short personal letter
Example : drop me a line when you get there
14. a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence 15. the descendants of one individual
Example : My entire line has been professors.
16. a connected series of events or actions or developments 17. space for one line of print (one column wide and 1/14 inch deep) used to measure advertising 18. make a mark or lines on a surface
Example : draw a line
19. be in line with
Example : form a line along
20. acting in conformity
Example : in line with
21. something (as a cord or rope) that is long and thin and flexible
Example : a washing line
22. a commercial organization serving as a common carrier 23. a mark that is long relative to its width
Example : The doctor drew a line on the chart.
24. text consisting of a row of words written across a page or computer screen
Example : the letter consisted of three short lines
25. persuasive but insincere talk that is usually intended to deceive or impress
Example : `let me show you my etchings' is a rather worn line
26. a formation of people or things one behind another
Example : the line stretched clear around the corner
27. a formation of people or things one beside another
Example : the line of soldiers advanced with their bayonets fixed
28. a spatial location defined by a real or imaginary unidimensional extent 30. a fortified position, especially one marking the most forward position of troops
Example : They attacked the enemy's line.
31. a single frequency (or very narrow band) of radiation in a spectrum 32. a length (straight or curved) without breadth or thickness 33. reinforce with fabric
Example : lined books are more enduring
34. fill plentifully
Example : line one's pockets
35. cover the interior of
Example : line the gloves
36. mark with lines
Example : Sorrow had lined my face and it was impossible to hide.
Translation for "line"
line meaning in Spanish : línea line meaning in German : Linie line meaning in Japanese : ライン line meaning in Turkish : hat line meaning in Chinese : 线 line meaning in Arabic : خط line meaning in Polish : linia line meaning in Hindi : लाइन line meaning in French : ligne line meaning in Russian : линия line meaning in Tamil : வரி line meaning in Telugu : లైన్