1. the amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue
Example : the company operated at a loss last year
2. the disadvantage that results from losing something
Example : Their loss of credibility led to their resignation.
3. euphemistic expressions for death 4. military personnel lost by death or capture 5. the act of losing someone or something
Example : Everyone expected the team to win so their loss was a shock.
6. the experience of losing a loved one
Example : I sympathized on the loss of their grandfather.
7. something that is lost
Example : the car was a total loss
8. gradual decline in amount or activity
Example : weight loss
Translation for "loss"
loss meaning in Spanish : pérdida loss meaning in German : Verlust loss meaning in Japanese : 損失 loss meaning in Turkish : kayıp loss meaning in Chinese : 失利 loss meaning in Arabic : خسارة loss meaning in Polish : utrata loss meaning in Hindi : नुकसान loss meaning in French : perte loss meaning in Russian : потеря loss meaning in Tamil : இழப்பு loss meaning in Telugu : నష్టం