1. all of the living human inhabitants of the earth 2. someone who serves in the armed forces 3. a manservant who acts as a personal attendant to his employer
Example : Jeeves was Bertie Wooster's man
4. any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage 5. game equipment consisting of an object used in playing certain board games 6. an adult human who is male
Example : There was a man eating a taco in front of the store.
7. a male person who plays a significant role in the life of a particular person, such as a husband or lover or boyfriend
Example : They took good care of their man, starting with a home-cooked meal.
8. an adult male person who has a manly or masculine character
Example : My parents tried to insist that the army will make a man of me.
9. the generic use of the word to refer to any human being
Example : It was a large step for a man, and a giant leap for mankind.
11. provide with workers
Example : We cannot man all the desks.
12. take charge of a certain job
Translation for "man"
man meaning in Spanish : hombre man meaning in German : Mann man meaning in Japanese : おとこ man meaning in Turkish : adam man meaning in Chinese : 人 man meaning in Arabic : رجل man meaning in Polish : mężczyzna man meaning in Hindi : आदमी man meaning in French : homme man meaning in Russian : человек man meaning in Tamil : ஆண் man meaning in Telugu : మనిషి