1. a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of 2. put a check mark on or near or next to 4. to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful 5. an indication of damage 7. a marking that consists of lines that cross each other 8. a number or letter indicating quality, especially of a student's performance
Example : The student made good marks in algebra.
9. a distinguishing symbol
Example : the owner's mark was on all the sheep
10. be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait 11. assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation 12. make small marks into the surface of 13. attach a tag or label to 15. something that exactly succeeds in achieving its goal 16. a perceptible indication of something not immediately apparent (as a visible clue that something has happened) 17. a symbol of disgrace or infamy
Example : And the Lord set a mark upon Cain--Genesis
18. a visible indication made on a surface
Example : some previous reader had covered the pages with dozens of marks
19. a reference point to shoot at
Example : The arrow hit the mark.
20. insert punctuation marks into 21. mark by some ceremony or observation
Example : The citizens mark the anniversary of the revolution with a march and a parade
22. make underscoring marks 23. establish as the highest level or best performance 24. the impression created by doing something unusual or extraordinary that people notice and remember
Example : It was in London that they made their mark.
25. a written or printed symbol, as for punctuation
Example : The answer was just a punctuation mark.
26. formerly the basic unit of money in Germany 27. make or leave a mark on
Example : the scouts marked the trail
28. designate as if by a mark
Example : This sign marks the border
Translation for "mark"
mark meaning in Spanish : marca mark meaning in German : Kennzeichen mark meaning in Japanese : マーク mark meaning in Turkish : işaret mark meaning in Chinese : 标记 mark meaning in Arabic : علامة mark meaning in Polish : znak mark meaning in Hindi : निशान mark meaning in French : marque mark meaning in Russian : отметка mark meaning in Tamil : குறி mark meaning in Telugu : మార్క్