1. having substance or capable of being treated as fact 2. having material or physical form or substance 3. artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers 4. the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
Example : coal is a hard black material
5. derived from or composed of matter
Example : the material universe
6. directly relevant to a matter especially a law case
Example : Your support made a material difference.
7. concerned with or affecting physical as distinct from intellectual or psychological well-being
Example : material needs
8. concerned with worldly rather than spiritual interests
Example : material possessions
9. things needed for doing or making something
Example : writing materials
10. information (data or ideas or observations) that can be used or reworked into a finished form
Example : the archives provided rich material for a definitive biography
11. a person judged suitable for admission or employment
Example : I was university material.
Translation for "material"
material meaning in Spanish : material material meaning in German : Material material meaning in Japanese : 素材 material meaning in Turkish : malzeme material meaning in Chinese : 材料 material meaning in Arabic : مواد material meaning in Polish : materiał material meaning in Hindi : सामग्री material meaning in French : Matériel material meaning in Russian : материал material meaning in Tamil : பொருள் material meaning in Telugu : పదార్థం