1. (used of persons or behavior) characterized by or indicative of lack of generosity
Example : a mean person
Example : famous for a mean backhand
3. denote or connote
Example : `maison' means `house' in French
4. having or showing an ignoble lack of honor or morality 5. have in mind as a purpose
Example : I mean no harm
8. used of sums of money, so small in amount as to deserve contempt
Example : That is one mean stack of dough you have there.
9. characterized by malice 10. marked by poverty befitting a beggar 11. an average of n numbers computed by adding some function of the numbers and dividing by some function of n 12. mean or intend to express or convey
Example : You never understand what I mean!
13. have as a logical consequence
Example : The water shortage means that we have to stop taking long showers
14. approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value 15. destine or designate for a certain purpose
Example : These flowers were meant for you
16. have a specified degree of importance
Example : My ex-husband means nothing to me
Translation for "mean"
mean meaning in Spanish : media mean meaning in German : bedeuten mean meaning in Japanese : 平均 mean meaning in Turkish : anlamına gelmek mean meaning in Chinese : 意思 mean meaning in Arabic : تعني mean meaning in Polish : oznaczać mean meaning in Hindi : मतलब mean meaning in French : signifier mean meaning in Russian : имею в виду mean meaning in Tamil : அர்த்தம் mean meaning in Telugu : అర్థం