1. a woman who wears clothes to display fashions 2. the act of representing something (usually on a smaller scale) 3. a hypothetical description of a complex entity or process
Example : the computer program was based on a model of the circulatory and respiratory systems
4. form in clay, wax, etc
Example : model a head with clay
6. representation of something (sometimes on a smaller scale) 7. something to be imitated 8. a representative form or pattern 9. a person who poses for a photographer or painter or sculptor
Example : the president didn't have time to be a model so the artist worked from photos
10. someone worthy of imitation
Example : every child needs a role model
11. construct a model of
Example : model an airplane
12. create a representation or model of 13. plan or create according to a model or models 14. assume a posture as for artistic purposes 15. a type of product
Example : The car was an old model.
16. display clothes as a mannequin
Example : They were asked to model the latest fashion.
Translation for "model"
model meaning in Spanish : modelo model meaning in German : Modell- model meaning in Japanese : モデル model meaning in Turkish : model model meaning in Chinese : 模型 model meaning in Arabic : نموذج model meaning in Polish : Model model meaning in Hindi : आदर्श model meaning in French : modèle model meaning in Russian : модель model meaning in Tamil : மாதிரி model meaning in Telugu : మోడల్