"motion" Meaning in English
1. an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object
Example : the cinema relies on apparent motion
2. show, express or direct through movement 3. the act of changing location from one place to another
Example : police controlled the motion of the crowd
4. a change of position that does not entail a change of location
Example : The reflex motion of the eyebrows revealed their surprise.
5. the use of movements (especially of the hands) to communicate familiar or prearranged signals 6. a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote
Example : The representative made a motion to adjourn.
7. a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something 8. a state of change
Example : they were in a state of steady motion
Translation for "motion"
motion meaning in Spanish : movimiento motion meaning in German : Bewegung motion meaning in Japanese : モーション motion meaning in Turkish : hareket motion meaning in Chinese : 运动 motion meaning in Arabic : اقتراح motion meaning in Polish : ruch motion meaning in Hindi : प्रस्ताव motion meaning in French : mouvement motion meaning in Russian : движение motion meaning in Tamil : இயக்கம் motion meaning in Telugu : మోషన్
Examples containing "motion"There are no examples. You can write here and submit.
You can write here and submit more examples.