1. the opening through which food is taken in and vocalizations emerge
Example : They stuffed their mouth with candy.
2. an impudent or insolent rejoinder 3. a spokesperson (as a lawyer) 5. the opening of a jar or bottle
Example : the jar had a wide mouth
6. the externally visible part of the oral cavity on the face and the system of organs surrounding the opening
Example : I wiped lipstick from my mouth.
7. the point where a stream issues into a larger body of water
Example : New York is at the mouth of the Hudson
8. an opening that resembles a mouth, as of a cave or a gorge
Example : We rode into the mouth of the canyon.
9. a person conceived as a consumer of food
Example : They have four mouths to feed.
Translation for "mouth"
mouth meaning in Spanish : boca mouth meaning in German : Mund mouth meaning in Japanese : 口 mouth meaning in Turkish : ağız mouth meaning in Chinese : 口 mouth meaning in Arabic : فم mouth meaning in Polish : usta mouth meaning in Hindi : मुंह mouth meaning in French : bouche mouth meaning in Russian : рот mouth meaning in Tamil : வாய் mouth meaning in Telugu : నోటి