1. give an incentive for action
Example : This moved me to sacrifice my career
2. a change of position that does not entail a change of location 3. change location
Example : move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically
4. the act of changing location from one place to another 5. progress by being changed 6. follow a procedure or take a course 7. the act of changing your residence or place of business
Example : they say that three moves equal one fire
9. have a turn
Example : make one's move in a game
10. have an emotional or cognitive impact upon 11. cause to move or shift into a new position or place, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense 12. dispose of by selling
Example : The chairman of the company told the salesmen to move the computers
13. perform an action, or work out or perform (an action) 14. the act of deciding to do something
Example : They didn't make a move to help.
15. (game) a player's turn to take some action permitted by the rules of the game 16. be in a state of action 17. go or proceed from one point to another
Example : the debate moved from family values to the economy
18. arouse sympathy or compassion in
Example : Their fate moved us all.
19. move so as to change position, perform a nontranslational motion
Example : I moved my hand slightly to the right.
20. change residence, affiliation, or place of employment
Example : We moved from Idaho to Nebraska
21. live one's life in a specified environment
Example : You move in certain circles only.
Translation for "move"
move meaning in Spanish : movimiento move meaning in German : Bewegung move meaning in Japanese : 動く move meaning in Turkish : hareket move meaning in Chinese : 移动 move meaning in Arabic : نقل move meaning in Polish : ruszaj się move meaning in Hindi : चाल move meaning in French : bouge toi move meaning in Russian : переехать move meaning in Tamil : நடவடிக்கை move meaning in Telugu : కదలిక