1. a general tendency to change (as of opinion) 2. a group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals
Example : I was a charter member of the movement.
3. a euphemism for defecation
Example : I had a bowel movement.
4. the act of changing location from one place to another 5. a change of position that does not entail a change of location 6. a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end 7. a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something 8. an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object 9. the act of changing the location of something
Example : the movement of cargo onto the vessel
10. the driving and regulating parts of a mechanism (as of a watch or clock)
Example : it was an expensive watch with a diamond movement
11. a major self-contained part of a symphony or sonata
Example : the second movement is slow and melodic
Translation for "movement"
movement meaning in Spanish : movimiento movement meaning in German : Bewegung movement meaning in Japanese : 移動 movement meaning in Turkish : hareket movement meaning in Chinese : 运动 movement meaning in Arabic : حركة movement meaning in Polish : ruch movement meaning in Hindi : आंदोलन movement meaning in French : mouvement movement meaning in Russian : движение movement meaning in Tamil : இயக்கம் movement meaning in Telugu : ఉద్యమం