1. the act of nodding the head 2. a sign of assent or salutation or command 3. be almost asleep
Example : I sat nodding by the fireplace.
4. let the head fall forward through drowsiness
Example : I was nodding in my chair.
5. lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent or agreement or confirmation
Example : The teacher nodded when the student gave the right answer
6. express or signify by nodding
Example : I nodded my approval.
7. sway gently back and forth, as in a nodding motion
Example : the flowers were nodding in the breeze
Translation for "nod"
nod meaning in Spanish : cabecear nod meaning in German : Nicken nod meaning in Japanese : うなずく nod meaning in Turkish : kafa sallama nod meaning in Chinese : 点头 nod meaning in Arabic : إيماءة nod meaning in Polish : ukłon nod meaning in Hindi : सिर का इशारा nod meaning in French : hochement nod meaning in Russian : кивок nod meaning in Tamil : விருதினை nod meaning in Telugu : ఆమోదం