1. a projecting spout from which a fluid is discharged 2. the organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract 5. search or inquire in a meddlesome way 6. a front that resembles a human nose (especially the front of an aircraft)
Example : the nose of the rocket heated up on reentry
7. the front or forward projection of a tool or weapon
Example : I ducked under the nose of the gun.
8. a natural skill at detecting something
Example : They had a nose for good deals.
9. the sense of smell (especially in animals)
Example : the hound has a good nose
10. a symbol of inquisitiveness
Example : keep your nose out of it
11. a small distance
Example : my horse lost the race by a nose
12. defeat by a narrow margin 13. push or move with the nose 14. advance the forward part of with caution
Example : They nosed their car into the left lane.
Translation for "nose"
nose meaning in Spanish : nariz nose meaning in German : Nase nose meaning in Japanese : 鼻 nose meaning in Turkish : burun nose meaning in Chinese : 鼻子 nose meaning in Arabic : أنف nose meaning in Polish : nos nose meaning in Hindi : नाक nose meaning in French : nez nose meaning in Russian : нос nose meaning in Tamil : மூக்கு nose meaning in Telugu : ముక్కు