1. the goal intended to be attained, and which is believed to be attainable
Example : The object of our trip was to see the Louvre.
2. a tangible and visible entity 3. the focus of cognitions or feelings
Example : objects of thought
4. (computing) a discrete item that provides a description of virtually anything known to a computer
Example : in object-oriented programming, objects include data and define its status, its methods of operation and how it interacts with other objects
5. (grammar) a constituent that is acted upon
Example : the object of the verb
6. express or raise an objection or protest or criticism or express dissent
Example : They never objected to the amount of work their boss charged them with.
7. be averse to or express disapproval of
Example : My wife objects to modern furniture
Translation for "object"
object meaning in Spanish : objeto object meaning in German : Objekt object meaning in Japanese : 物 object meaning in Turkish : nesne object meaning in Chinese : 宾语 object meaning in Arabic : موضوع object meaning in Polish : obiekt object meaning in Hindi : वस्तु object meaning in French : objet object meaning in Russian : объект object meaning in Tamil : பொருள் object meaning in Telugu : ఆబ్జెక్ట్