1. the inner surface of the hand from the wrist to the base of the fingers
Example : My palms were rough after handling bricks all day.
2. an award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event
Example : The palm was given out to the best film in the competition.
3. any plant of the family Palmae having an unbranched trunk crowned by large pinnate or palmate leaves
Example : There were many palms on the boulevard in California.
4. to touch, lift, or hold with the hands
Example : I palmed the flowers across the table.
5. to take something into the palm of one's hand, usually for concealing or as part of a sleight-of-hand magic trick
Example : I palmed the card that the volunteer had chosen.
6. a linear unit based on the length or width of the human hand
Example : The statue was sixteen palms high.
Translation for "palm"
palm meaning in Spanish : palma palm meaning in German : Palme palm meaning in Japanese : やし palm meaning in Turkish : avuç içi palm meaning in Chinese : 棕榈 palm meaning in Arabic : كف palm meaning in Polish : Palma palm meaning in Hindi : हथेली palm meaning in French : paume palm meaning in Russian : Пальма palm meaning in Tamil : பனை palm meaning in Telugu : తాటి