1. a short labored intake of breath with the mouth open
Example : The dogs' pants interrupted their drooling.
2. usually in the plural; a garment extending from the waist to the knee or ankle, covering each leg separately
Example : My pants matched my vest.
3. to breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted
Example : The runners reached the finish line, panting heavily.
4. the noise made by a short puff of steam, as from an engine
Example : The pant of the train was loud.
5. to utter while panting, as if out of breath
Example : After finishing, the athletes panted a congratulations to the other competitors.
Translation for "pant"
pant meaning in Spanish : pantalón pant meaning in German : keuchen pant meaning in Japanese : パンツ pant meaning in Turkish : solumak pant meaning in Chinese : 喘气 pant meaning in Arabic : لهاث pant meaning in Polish : dyszeć pant meaning in Hindi : पैंट pant meaning in French : haleter pant meaning in Russian : тяжелое дыхание pant meaning in Tamil : மூச்சிரைக்கின்றன pant meaning in Telugu : పంత్