2. the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group 3. the part played by a person in bringing about a result 4. something less than the whole of a human artifact
Example : the rear part of the house
5. a line of scalp that can be seen when sections of hair are combed in opposite directions
Example : Their part was right in the middle.
6. one of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole
Example : the written part of the exam
7. an actor's portrayal of someone in a play
Example : I played the part of Desdemona in a local play.
8. the melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music
Example : I tried to sing the tenor part.
9. the extended spatial location of something 10. a portion of a natural object
Example : they analyzed the river into three parts
11. assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group 12. something determined in relation to something that includes it
Example : They wanted to feel a part of something bigger than themselves.
13. force, take, or pull apart 16. go one's own way
Example : move apart
17. discontinue an association or relation 18. that which concerns a person with regard to a particular role or situation
Example : it requires vigilance on our part
Translation for "part"
part meaning in Spanish : parte part meaning in German : Teil part meaning in Japanese : 部 part meaning in Turkish : Bölüm part meaning in Chinese : 部分 part meaning in Arabic : جزء part meaning in Polish : część part meaning in Hindi : अंश part meaning in French : partie part meaning in Russian : часть part meaning in Tamil : பகுதியாக part meaning in Telugu : భాగం