1. an organization to gain political power
Example : in 1992 Perot tried to organize a third party at the national level
2. a band of people associated temporarily in some activity
Example : they organized a party to search for food
3. an occasion on which people can assemble for social interaction and entertainment
Example : We planned a party to celebrate Bastille Day.
4. a group of people gathered together for pleasure
Example : We got to the restaurant early, got our table, and waited for the rest of the party to arrive.
5. a person involved in legal proceedings
Example : the party of the first part
6. have or participate in a party
Example : The students were partying all night before the exam
Translation for "party"
party meaning in Spanish : partido party meaning in German : Party party meaning in Japanese : パーティー party meaning in Turkish : Parti party meaning in Chinese : 派对 party meaning in Arabic : حفل party meaning in Polish : przyjęcie party meaning in Hindi : पार्टी party meaning in French : fête party meaning in Russian : вечеринка party meaning in Tamil : கட்சி party meaning in Telugu : పార్టీ