2. a usually brief attempt 3. disappear gradually
Example : The pain eventually passed off
4. to move past
Example : A black limousine passed by when they looked out the window.
5. place into the hands or custody of 6. be superior or better than some standard 8. stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope 9. (American football) a play that involves one player throwing the ball to a teammate
Example : the coach sent in a passing play on third and long
10. eliminate from the body 11. grant authorization or clearance for 12. pass over, across, or through 14. success in satisfying a test or requirement
Example : Their future depended on passing that test.
15. (sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team
Example : the pass was fumbled
16. in baseball, an advance to first base by a batter who receives four balls
Example : After taking for balls, I got a pass.
17. a difficult juncture
Example : a pretty pass
18. the location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks
Example : we got through the pass before it started to snow
19. a bad or difficult situation or state of affairs 20. travel past
Example : The sports car passed all the trucks
21. a permit to enter or leave a military installation
Example : The soldier had to show their pass in order to get off the base.
22. a document indicating permission to do something without restrictions
Example : the media representatives had special passes
23. any authorization to pass or go somewhere
Example : the pass to visit had a strict time limit
24. you advance to the next round in a tournament without playing an opponent 25. pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life 26. pass into a specified state or condition 27. go across or through
Example : We passed the point where the police car had parked
28. cause to pass
Example : I passed the plates around to my guests so that they could start serving themselves.
31. make laws, bills, etc. or bring into effect by legislation
Example : They passed the amendment
33. go successfully through a test or a selection process
Example : They passed the state bar and can practice law now.
34. pass time in a specific way 35. of advancing the ball by throwing it 36. a flight or run by an aircraft over a target
Example : the plane turned to make a second pass
37. a complimentary ticket
Example : The conference admission included a pass for any Disney theme park.
38. one complete cycle of operations, as by a computer
Example : It was not possible to complete the computation in a single pass.
39. a written leave of absence from the military
Example : The soldier had a pass for three days.
40. throw (a ball) to another player
Example : Smith passed
41. allow to go without comment or censure
Example : the insult passed as if unnoticed
42. accept or judge as acceptable
Example : The teacher passed the student despite the weakness the student presented.
Translation for "pass"
pass meaning in Spanish : pasar pass meaning in German : bestehen pass meaning in Japanese : パス pass meaning in Turkish : pas pass meaning in Chinese : 通过 pass meaning in Arabic : البشري pass meaning in Polish : przechodzić pass meaning in Hindi : उत्तीर्ण करना pass meaning in French : passer pass meaning in Russian : проходить pass meaning in Tamil : கடந்து pass meaning in Telugu : పాస్