1. lasting a very short time 3. a bodily reaction of changing from one place or stage to another 4. the motion of one object relative to another
Example : stellar passings can perturb the orbits of comets
5. euphemistic expression for death
Example : Thousands mourned my passing and they were pretty angry to find out it was a hoax.
6. hasty and without attention to detail 7. of advancing the ball by throwing it 8. success in satisfying a test or requirement
Example : The medical students knew that their careers depended on passing the board exams.
9. going by something that is moving in order to get in front of it
Example : I drove well, but my reckless passing of every car on the road frightened my passengers.
10. (American football) a play that involves one player throwing the ball to a teammate
Example : the coach sent in a passing play on third and long
11. the end of something
Example : the passing of winter
12. allowing you to pass (e.g., an examination or inspection) satisfactorily
Translation for "passing"
passing meaning in Spanish : paso passing meaning in German : Vorbeigehen passing meaning in Russian : прохождение passing meaning in Portuguese : passagem passing meaning in Chinese : 通过 passing meaning in Japanese : 通過 passing meaning in Tamil : கடந்துசென்ற passing meaning in Arabic : عابر passing meaning in Turkish : geçen passing meaning in Hindi : मृत्यु passing meaning in Telugu : పాసింగ్ passing meaning in French : qui passe