1. the yarn woven across the warp yarn in weaving 3. hit lightly with a picking motion 5. a heavy iron tool with a wooden handle and a curved head that is pointed on both ends
Example : they used picks and sledges to break the rocks
6. a small thin device (of metal or plastic or ivory) used to pluck a stringed instrument 7. the person or thing chosen or selected
Example : The baker was my pick for mayor.
8. the best people or things in a group 9. the quantity of a crop that is harvested
Example : I sent the first pick of berries to the market.
10. remove unwanted substances from, such as feathers or pits 11. harass with constant criticism
Example : Don't always pick on your little brother
12. look for and gather
Example : pick mushrooms
13. attack with or as if with a pickaxe of ice or rocky ground, for example 14. pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion 15. pay for something
Example : pick up the tab
16. the act of choosing or selecting 17. a thin sharp implement used for removing unwanted material
Example : I used a pick to clean the dirt out of the cracks.
18. remove in small bits
Example : pick meat from a bone
19. select carefully from a group
Example : I finally picked my successor.
Example : pick a fight or a quarrel
21. pilfer or rob
Example : pick pockets
Translation for "pick"
pick meaning in Spanish : recoger pick meaning in German : auswählen pick meaning in Japanese : ピック pick meaning in Turkish : almak pick meaning in Chinese : 挑 pick meaning in Arabic : قطف او يقطف pick meaning in Polish : wybierać pick meaning in Hindi : चुनना pick meaning in French : choisir pick meaning in Russian : выбирать pick meaning in Tamil : அழைத்து pick meaning in Telugu : ఎంచుకోండి