1. graphic art consisting of an artistic composition made by applying paints to a surface 2. a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide 3. a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface
Example : they showed us the pictures of their wedding
4. a clear and telling mental image
Example : They described their mental picture of the assailant.
5. the visible part of a television transmission
Example : they could still receive the sound but the picture was gone
6. a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement 7. illustrations used to decorate or explain a text
Example : the dictionary had many pictures
8. a graphic or vivid verbal description
Example : too often the narrative was interrupted by long word pictures
9. a situation treated as an observable object
Example : the political picture is favorable
11. show in, or as in, a picture 12. a typical example of some state or quality
Example : the very picture of a modern general
Translation for "picture"
picture meaning in Spanish : imagen picture meaning in German : Bild picture meaning in Japanese : 画像 picture meaning in Turkish : resim picture meaning in Chinese : 图片 picture meaning in Arabic : صورة picture meaning in Polish : obrazek picture meaning in Hindi : चित्र picture meaning in French : image picture meaning in Russian : картина picture meaning in Tamil : படம் picture meaning in Telugu : చిత్రాన్ని