1. sell or offer for sale from place to place 3. abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance)
Example : the pitching and tossing was quite exciting
4. degree of deviation from a horizontal plane
Example : the roof had a steep pitch
5. promotion by means of an argument and demonstration 8. (baseball) the act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter 9. an all-fours game in which the first card led is a trump 10. a high approach shot in golf 11. any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue 12. to set the level or character of
Example : They pitched their speech to the teenagers in the audience.
13. throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball
Example : The pitcher delivered the ball
14. throw or toss with a light motion 15. erect and fasten
Example : pitch a tent
16. the action or manner of throwing something
Example : Their pitch fell short and their hat landed on the floor.
17. the property of sound that varies with variation in the frequency of vibration 18. a vendor's position, especially on the sidewalk
Example : They were employed to see that the paper's news pitches were not trespassed upon by rival vendors.
19. set to a certain pitch
Example : They pitched their voice very low, to harmonize with the rest of the group.
20. lead (a card) and establish the trump suit 21. to hit a golf ball in a high arc with a backspin
Example : I was stuck in a sand trap, so I pitched the ball onto the green.
22. fall or plunge forward
Example : They pitched over the railing of the balcony.
Translation for "pitch"
pitch meaning in Spanish : tono pitch meaning in German : Tonhöhe pitch meaning in Japanese : ピッチ pitch meaning in Turkish : zift pitch meaning in Chinese : 沥青 pitch meaning in Arabic : ملعب كورة قدم pitch meaning in Polish : smoła pitch meaning in Hindi : पिच pitch meaning in French : pas pitch meaning in Russian : подача pitch meaning in Tamil : சுருதி pitch meaning in Telugu : పిచ్