1. an aircraft that has a fixed wing and is powered by propellers or jets
Example : the flight was delayed due to trouble with the airplane
2. a carpenter's hand tool with an adjustable blade for smoothing or shaping wood
Example : the cabinetmaker used a plane for the finish work
3. a power tool for smoothing or shaping wood 4. having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another 5. in mathematics, an unbounded two-dimensional shape
Example : We will refer to the plane of the graph as the X-Y plane.
6. cut or remove with or as if with a plane 7. travel on the surface of water 8. a level of existence or development
Example : They lived on a worldly plane but dreamt of ascending to a more spiritual one.
9. make even or smooth, with or as with a carpenter's plane
Example : plane the top of the door
Translation for "plane"
plane meaning in Spanish : avión plane meaning in German : Ebene plane meaning in Japanese : 飛行機 plane meaning in Turkish : uçak plane meaning in Chinese : 平面 plane meaning in Arabic : طائرة plane meaning in Polish : samolot plane meaning in Hindi : विमान plane meaning in French : avion plane meaning in Russian : самолет plane meaning in Tamil : விமானம் plane meaning in Telugu : విమానం