1. the dot at the left of a decimal fraction 2. the property of a shape that tapers to a sharp tip 3. an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole 4. a distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list 5. a contact in the distributor 7. the gun muzzle's direction
Example : I was held up at the point of a gun.
8. an outstanding characteristic
Example : Your acting was one of the high points of the movie.
9. a V-shaped mark at one end of an arrow pointer
Example : the point of the arrow was due north
10. a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations 11. any of 32 horizontal directions indicated on the card of a compass
Example : I checked the point on my compass.
12. a V shape
Example : the cannibal's teeth were filed to sharp points
13. a very small circular shape
Example : a row of points
14. a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process 15. an instant of time
Example : at that point I had to leave
16. repair the joints of bricks
Example : point a chimney
18. be a signal for or a symptom of 19. indicate a place, direction, person, or thing 20. intend (something) to move towards a certain goal 21. direct into a position for use
Example : point a gun
22. sail close to the wind 24. be oriented
Example : The weather vane points North
25. a geometric element that has position but no extension
Example : a point is defined by its coordinates
26. the object of an activity
Example : what is the point of discussing it?
27. sharp end of an object
Example : I stuck the point of the knife into a tree and began to carve my lover's name.
28. a distinguishing or individuating characteristic
Example : I know my bad points as well as my good points.
29. a brief version of the essential meaning of something
Example : get to the point
30. the precise location of something 31. a promontory extending out into a large body of water
Example : they sailed south around the point
32. one percent of the total principal of a loan 33. the unit of counting in scoring a game or contest
Example : They scored 20 points in the first half.
34. a linear unit used to measure the size of type 35. a style in speech or writing that arrests attention and has a penetrating or convincing quality or effect 36. indicate the presence of (game) by standing and pointing with the muzzle
Example : the dog pointed the dead duck
37. be positionable in a specified manner
Example : The gun points with ease
38. mark (a psalm text) to indicate the points at which the music changes 39. mark with diacritics
Example : point the letter
40. mark (Hebrew words) with diacritics
Translation for "point"
point meaning in Spanish : punto point meaning in German : Punkt point meaning in Japanese : ポイント point meaning in Turkish : puan point meaning in Chinese : 点 point meaning in Arabic : نقطة point meaning in Polish : punkt point meaning in Hindi : बिंदु point meaning in French : point point meaning in Russian : точка point meaning in Tamil : புள்ளி point meaning in Telugu : పాయింట్