1. an informal term for a father 2. a sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring 3. (of music or art) new and of general appeal (especially among young people) 4. music of general appeal to teenagers 5. a sharp explosive sound as from a gunshot or drawing a cork 7. bulge outward
Example : My eyes popped I was so mad.
8. appear suddenly or unexpectedly
Example : The farm popped into view as we turned the corner
9. like a pop or with a pop
Example : everything went pop
10. burst open with a sharp, explosive sound
Example : The balloon popped
11. cause to burst with a loud, explosive sound
Example : The child popped the balloon
12. fire a weapon with a loud explosive noise
Example : The soldiers were popping
13. take drugs, especially orally
Example : The suspect charged with murder popped a valium to calm their nerves.
14. hit or strike
Example : They popped me on the head.
15. hit a pop-fly
Example : They popped a ball out to shortstop.
16. release suddenly
Example : pop the clutch
17. put or thrust suddenly and forcefully
Example : pop the pizza into the microwave oven
18. make a sharp explosive noise
Example : The cork of the champagne bottle popped
19. cause to make a sharp explosive sound
Example : I popped the champagne bottle.
Translation for "pop"
pop meaning in Spanish : popular pop meaning in German : Pop pop meaning in Japanese : ポップ pop meaning in Turkish : pop pop meaning in Chinese : 流行的 pop meaning in Arabic : فرقعة pop meaning in Polish : Muzyka pop pop meaning in Hindi : पॉप pop meaning in French : pop pop meaning in Russian : поп pop meaning in Tamil : பாப் pop meaning in Telugu : పాప్