1. the system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office 3. cause to be directed or transmitted to another place 4. a job in an organization
Example : The new hire occupied a post in the treasury.
5. military installation at which a body of troops is stationed
Example : this military post provides an important source of income for the town nearby
6. a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track)
Example : a pair of posts marked the goal
7. any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered 8. the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand
Example : a soldier manned the entrance post
9. mark or expose as infamous 10. place so as to be noticed
Example : post a sign
12. transfer (entries) from one account book to another 13. the delivery and collection of letters and packages
Example : it came by the first post
14. an upright consisting of a piece of timber or metal fixed firmly in an upright position
Example : The posts in the ground with strung barbwire made for a cattle fence.
15. publicize with, or as if with, a poster
Example : I'll post the news on the bulletin board
16. display, as of records in sports games 17. affix in a public place or for public notice
Example : post a warning
18. ride Western style and bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horse's trotting gait 19. assign to a post
Example : put into a post
20. enter on a public list
Translation for "post"
post meaning in Spanish : enviar post meaning in German : Post post meaning in Japanese : 役職 post meaning in Turkish : posta post meaning in Chinese : 岗位 post meaning in Arabic : بريد post meaning in Polish : słupek post meaning in Hindi : पद post meaning in French : poster post meaning in Russian : сообщение post meaning in Tamil : பதவியை post meaning in Telugu : పోస్ట్