1. ask for or request earnestly 2. squeeze or press together
Example : The lead trumpeter told me to press my lips on the mouthpiece to make a firm seal.
3. exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person 4. the state of demanding notice or attention 5. force or impel in an indicated direction 6. the act of pressing
Example : the exertion of pressure
7. a tall piece of furniture that provides storage space for clothes 8. a dense crowd of people 9. lift weights
Example : This guy can press 300 pounds
10. press and smooth with a heated iron
Example : press your shirts
11. a weightlift in which the barbell is lifted to shoulder height and then smoothly lifted overhead 12. any machine that exerts pressure to form or shape or cut materials or extract liquids or compress solids 13. a machine used for printing 14. the print media responsible for gathering and publishing news in the form of newspapers or magazines 15. make strenuous pushing movements during birth to expel the baby 16. press from a plastic
Example : press a record
17. to be oppressive or burdensome
Example : My worries about work pressed on my mind.
18. clamp to prevent wooden rackets from warping when not in use 19. place between two surfaces and apply weight or pressure
Example : pressed flowers
20. exert pressure or force to or upon
Example : I pressed down on the board with my foot while my friend hammered the nails.
22. crowd closely
Example : The crowds pressed along the street
23. be urgent
Example : This is a pressing problem
Translation for "press"
press meaning in Spanish : prensa press meaning in German : Drücken Sie press meaning in Japanese : 押す press meaning in Turkish : basın press meaning in Chinese : 按 press meaning in Arabic : صحافة press meaning in Polish : naciśnij press meaning in Hindi : दबाएँ press meaning in French : presse press meaning in Russian : Нажмите press meaning in Tamil : செய்தியாளர் press meaning in Telugu : పత్రికా