1. the quantity of something (as a commodity) that is created (usually within a given period of time)
Example : production was up in the second quarter
2. an artifact that has been created by someone or some process 3. (law) the act of exhibiting in a court of law
Example : the appellate court demanded the production of all documents
4. the act or process of producing something
Example : Shakespeare's production of poetry was enormous
5. the creation of value or wealth by producing goods and services 6. manufacturing, mining, or growing something for sale, usually in large quantities
Example : The new manager introduced more efficient methods of production.
7. a presentation for the stage or screen or radio or television
Example : have you seen the new production of Hamlet?
8. a display that is exaggerated or unduly complicated
Example : They tend to make a big production out of what should be trivial tasks.
Translation for "production"
production meaning in Spanish : producción production meaning in German : Produktion production meaning in Japanese : 製造 production meaning in Turkish : üretim production meaning in Chinese : 生产 production meaning in Arabic : إنتاج production meaning in Polish : produkcja production meaning in Hindi : उत्पादन production meaning in French : production production meaning in Russian : производство production meaning in Tamil : தயாரிப்பு production meaning in Telugu : ఉత్పత్తి