1. degree of exposure to public notice
Example : I kept a low profile after the scandal.
2. biographical sketch
Example : I wrote a quick profile of the painter for the newspaper.
3. an analysis, often in graphical form, representing the extent to which something exhibits various characteristics
Example : The doctor showed me a biochemical profile of my blood.
4. a vertical section of the Earth's crust showing the different horizons or layers
Example : I pointed out the mantle on the profile.
5. an outline of something, especially a human face as seen from one side
Example : I had profiles of all my family members in a collage.
6. to represent in profile, by drawing or painting
Example : I profiled a series of strangers for my art project.
7. to write about
Example : The author of this article profiles a famous painter.
Translation for "profile"
profile meaning in Spanish : perfil profile meaning in German : Profil profile meaning in Japanese : プロフィール profile meaning in Turkish : profil profile meaning in Chinese : 轮廓 profile meaning in Arabic : الملف الشخصي profile meaning in Polish : profil profile meaning in Hindi : प्रोफ़ाइल profile meaning in French : profil profile meaning in Russian : профиль profile meaning in Tamil : சுயவிவர profile meaning in Telugu : ప్రొఫైల్