"proof" Meaning in English
1. (printing) an impression made to check for errors 2. read for errors
Example : I should proofread my manuscripts
4. any factual evidence that helps to establish the truth of something
Example : if you have any proof for what you say, now is the time to produce it
5. a formal series of statements showing that if one thing is true something else necessarily follows from it 6. a measure of alcoholic strength expressed as an integer twice the percentage of alcohol present (by volume) 7. make resistant to harm
Example : We proof the materials against shrinking in the dryer.
8. activate by mixing with water and sometimes sugar or milk
Example : proof yeast
9. knead to reach proper lightness
Example : proof dough
10. make or take a proof of, such as a photographic negative, an etching, or typeset 11. (used in combination or as a suffix) able to withstand 12. a trial photographic print from a negative
Translation for "proof"
proof meaning in Spanish : prueba proof meaning in German : Beweis proof meaning in Japanese : 証明 proof meaning in Turkish : kanıt proof meaning in Chinese : 证明 proof meaning in Arabic : دليل proof meaning in Polish : dowód proof meaning in Hindi : प्रमाण proof meaning in French : preuve proof meaning in Russian : доказательство proof meaning in Tamil : ஆதாரம் proof meaning in Telugu : ప్రూఫ్
Examples containing "proof"There are no examples. You can write here and submit.
You can write here and submit more examples.