1. thick cushion used as a seat 2. blow hard and loudly
Example : We huffed and puffed as we made our way up the mountain.
3. to swell or cause to enlarge, 'Her faced puffed up from the drugs'
Example : puffed out chests
4. gathered for protruding fullness
Example : puff sleeves
5. forceful exhalation through the nose or mouth 6. a slow inhalation, as of tobacco smoke
Example : They took a puff on their pipe.
7. a soft spherical object made from fluffy fibers 8. bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together 9. a short light gust of air 10. breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted 11. praise extravagantly
Example : The critics puffed up this Broadway production
12. smoke and exhale strongly
Example : puff a cigar
13. suck in or take (air) 14. exaggerated praise (as for promotional purposes) 15. a light inflated pastry or puff shell 16. speak in a blustering or scornful manner
Example : A puffing kind of man
17. make proud or conceited
Example : The sudden fame puffed their ego.
Translation for "puff"
puff meaning in Spanish : soplo puff meaning in German : Puff puff meaning in Russian : пыхтеть puff meaning in Portuguese : sopro puff meaning in Chinese : 噗 puff meaning in Japanese : パフ puff meaning in Tamil : பஃப் puff meaning in Arabic : نفخة puff meaning in Turkish : puf puff meaning in Hindi : कश puff meaning in Telugu : పఫ్ puff meaning in French : bouffée