2. an electrical switch operated by pressing
Example : the elevator was operated by push buttons
3. enterprising or ambitious drive 4. the act of applying force in order to move something away
Example : When we ran out of gas, we had to push our car to the nearest gas station.
5. the force used in pushing
Example : the push of the water on the walls of the tank
6. make strenuous pushing movements during birth to expel the baby
Example : `Now push hard,' said the doctor to the woman
7. move with force, 'He pushed the table into a corner' 8. approach a certain age or speed
Example : We were pushing eighty on the highway when we saw police lights in the rearview mirror.
9. strive and make an effort to reach a goal 10. exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person 11. an effort to advance
Example : the army made a push toward the sea
12. press, drive, or impel someone to action
Example : My advisor pushed me to finish my doctorate.
13. press against forcefully without moving
Example : I pushed against the wall with all my strength.
14. move strenuously and with effort
Example : The crowd pushed forward
15. sell or promote the sale of illegal goods such as drugs
Example : The person hanging around the school is pushing drugs.
Translation for "push"
push meaning in Spanish : empujar push meaning in German : drücken push meaning in Japanese : 押す push meaning in Turkish : it push meaning in Chinese : 推 push meaning in Arabic : إدفع push meaning in Polish : Pchać push meaning in Hindi : धक्का दें push meaning in French : pousser push meaning in Russian : От себя push meaning in Tamil : மிகுதி push meaning in Telugu : పుష్