1. to challenge the accuracy, probity, or propriety of
Example : We must question your judgment in this matter.
2. uncertainty about the truth, factuality, or existence of something
Example : There is a big question over where I'll be in five years.
3. the subject matter at issue
Example : The question of disease merits serious discussion.
4. a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote
Example : I posed the question of whether we should fund the neighbouring park.
5. an instance of questioning
Example : There was a question about my training.
6. a sentence of inquiry that asks for a reply
Example : The officer asked a direct question.
7. to pose a question
Example : I questioned: what makes the sky so blue?
8. to pose a series of questions to
Example : The police questioned the subject.
9. to conduct an interview in television, newspaper, and radio reporting
Example : The reporter questioned the celebrity live.
10. to place in doubt or express doubtful speculation
Example : I questioned the origin of the food.
11. a reference to a marriage proposal
Example : Where were you when your spouse popped the question?
Translation for "question"
question meaning in Spanish : pregunta question meaning in German : Frage question meaning in Japanese : 質問 question meaning in Turkish : soru question meaning in Chinese : 题 question meaning in Arabic : سؤال question meaning in Polish : pytanie question meaning in Hindi : सवाल question meaning in French : question question meaning in Russian : вопрос question meaning in Tamil : கேள்வி question meaning in Telugu : ప్రశ్న