1. a kitchen appliance used for cooking food 2. an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: 'the range of a supersonic jet'
Example : a piano has a greater range than the human voice
3. the limit of capability 4. (mathematics) the set of values of the dependent variable for which a function is defined 5. the limits within which something can be effective
Example : range of motion
6. a series of hills or mountains
Example : the valley was between two ranges of hills
7. assign a rank or rating to 8. lay out orderly or logically in a line or as if in a line 9. feed as in a meadow or pasture 10. move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment 12. change or be different within limits
Example : Estimates for the losses in the earthquake range as high as $2 billion
13. a place for shooting (firing or driving) projectiles of various kinds
Example : the army maintains a missile range in the desert
14. a variety of different things or activities
Example : The speaker answered a range of questions.
15. a large tract of grassy open land on which livestock can graze
Example : they used to drive the cattle across the open range every spring
16. let eat
Example : range the animals in the prairie
Translation for "range"
range meaning in Spanish : distancia range meaning in German : Angebot range meaning in Japanese : 範囲 range meaning in Turkish : menzil range meaning in Chinese : 范围 range meaning in Arabic : نطاق range meaning in Polish : zasięg range meaning in Hindi : रेंज range meaning in French : intervalle range meaning in Russian : спектр range meaning in Tamil : வரம்பில் range meaning in Telugu : పరిధి