1. conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible 2. position in a social hierarchy 3. the ordinary members of an organization (such as the enlisted soldiers of an army)
Example : the strike was supported by the union rank and file
4. the body of members of an organization or group 5. assign a rank or rating to
Example : how would you rank these students?
6. take precedence or surpass others in rank 7. complete and without restriction or qualification 8. growing profusely
Example : rank jungle vegetation
10. very offensive in smell or taste
Example : a rank cigar
11. a row or line of people, especially soldiers or police, standing abreast of one another
Example : The entrance was guarded by ranks of police.
12. relative status
Example : Their salary was determined by rank and seniority.
13. take or have a position relative to others
Example : This painting ranks among the best in the Western World
Translation for "rank"
rank meaning in Spanish : rango rank meaning in German : Rang rank meaning in Japanese : ランク rank meaning in Turkish : rütbe rank meaning in Chinese : 秩 rank meaning in Arabic : مرتبة rank meaning in Polish : ranga rank meaning in Hindi : श्रेणी rank meaning in French : rang rank meaning in Russian : ранг rank meaning in Tamil : ரேங்க் rank meaning in Telugu : ర్యాంక్