1. a bodily process occurring due to the effect of some antecedent stimulus or agent
Example : a bad reaction to the medicine
2. (chemistry) a process in which one or more substances are changed into others
Example : there was a chemical reaction of the lime with the ground water
3. doing something in opposition to another way of doing it that you don't like
Example : This style of painting was a reaction against cubism.
4. an idea evoked by some experience
Example : Their reaction to the news was to start planning what to do.
5. extreme conservatism in political or social matters
Example : the forces of reaction carried the election
6. a response that reveals a person's feelings or attitude
Example : My reaction wasn't what it should have been, but I felt like I was put in a bad situation.
7. (mechanics) the equal and opposite force that is produced when any force is applied to a body
Example : every action has an equal and opposite reaction
Translation for "reaction"
reaction meaning in Spanish : reacción reaction meaning in German : Reaktion reaction meaning in Japanese : 反応 reaction meaning in Turkish : reaksiyon reaction meaning in Chinese : 反应 reaction meaning in Arabic : رد فعل reaction meaning in Polish : odczyn reaction meaning in Hindi : प्रतिक्रिया reaction meaning in French : réaction reaction meaning in Russian : реакция reaction meaning in Tamil : எதிர்வினை reaction meaning in Telugu : స్పందన