1. make sense of a language 2. to be a student of a certain subject
Example : They are reading for the bar exam.
3. interpret something in a certain way 4. obtain data from magnetic tapes
Example : This dictionary can be read by the computer
5. indicate a certain reading 6. have or contain a certain wording or form
Example : The passage reads as follows
7. something that is read
Example : the article was a very good read
8. to hear and understand
Example : I read you loud and clear!
9. interpret something that is written or printed
Example : read the advertisement
10. look at, interpret, and say out loud something that is written or printed
Example : The King will read the proclamation at noon
11. interpret the significance of, as of palms, tea leaves, intestines, the sky 12. audition for a stage role by reading parts of a role
Translation for "read"
read meaning in Spanish : leer read meaning in German : lesen read meaning in Japanese : 読む read meaning in Turkish : okumak read meaning in Chinese : 读 read meaning in Arabic : اقرأ read meaning in Polish : czytać read meaning in Hindi : पढ़ना read meaning in French : lis read meaning in Russian : читать read meaning in Tamil : படிக்க read meaning in Telugu : చదవండి