1. a datum about some physical state that is presented to a user by a meter or similar instrument
Example : We could not believe the meter reading.
2. the act of measuring with meters or similar instruments
Example : They have a job meter reading for the gas company.
3. a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something 4. written material intended to be read
Example : the teacher assigned new readings
5. a public instance of reciting or repeating from memory something prepared in advance
Example : The reading at my cousin's funeral was from a poem.
6. the cognitive process of understanding a written linguistic message
Example : My main reading was detective stories.
7. a particular interpretation or performance
Example : on that reading it was an insult
Translation for "reading"
reading meaning in Spanish : leyendo reading meaning in German : lesen reading meaning in Japanese : 読む reading meaning in Turkish : okuma reading meaning in Chinese : 读 reading meaning in Arabic : قراءة reading meaning in Polish : czytanie reading meaning in Hindi : पढ़ना reading meaning in French : en train de lire reading meaning in Russian : чтение reading meaning in Tamil : வாசிப்பு reading meaning in Telugu : పఠనం